Nashua Attorney for Personal & Bodily Injur Injury
Helping You Recover Compensation in New Hampshire
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident due to the negligence of another person or organization, you may be entitled to financial compensation under New Hampshire personal injury law. Our team at the Office of Attorney Mark Rufo can help you navigate the legal system and fight for the compensation to which you are entitled. We handle cases involving all types of accidents and injuries as well as those that have led to wrongful death.
Attorney Mark Rufo has been fighting for the injured and their families in Nashua, Manchester, Concord, and throughout the state since 1979. His exclusive focus on this field of law has resulted in recovering more than $10 million in compensation for the thousands of people he has represented in negotiated settlements as well as in court trials. Mr. Rufo provides a personalized hands-on approach that begins by listening to the details of your story so that he can develop a tailored approach to your case.
How the Office of Attorney Mark Rufo Can Help You
In a personal injury case, you as the injured person are the "plaintiff," while the party you are suing is the "defendant." Your lawyer is responsible for investigating and building your case and presenting it to the court. The lawyer for the defendant must defend the case and prove that his client is not liable. These cases are most often settled out of court through negotiations. However, where that does not occur, a judge or jury will ultimately decide the outcome.
In a personal injury case, you may be eligible to receive compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. The amount of compensation you may receive is based on the severity of your injuries and the extent of their impact on your life. The goal of your lawyer is to get you the maximum amount of compensation possible. This is necessary due to the tactics that insurance companies routinely engage in to limit the compensation they are required to pay. Their goal is to protect their profitability as a business.
Our Personal Injury Services in New Hampshire
If you have been injured, it is important to seek medical care and legal representation. Medical reports from your doctor will verify and document your injuries, providing proof that can be used in your claim. Legal representation will ensure that you understand your rights, determine all those who are responsible or have contributed to your injuries, and handle all aspects of your compensation claim. Where needed, the representation will ensure that your case is prepared for trial and that you have an aggressive voice in court.
When you work with our firm, you can expect:
- A compassionate approach: We will fight to obtain a just recovery for you and your family. Our attorney is committed to helping you move forward after an injury.
- A strategic approach: We will evaluate the details of your case and develop a strategic approach to build the strongest case possible. We work to minimize the time and stress of your case.
- A hands-on personalized experience: We believe in close interaction with our clients. At our firm, you will never be shifted off to a “case manager,” be ignored or lack the answers, attention, or guidance you need.
When you work with us, you can rest easy knowing that you are in good hands. Our attorney will work to build a strong case that can hold up in court. We will advocate for you, your family, and your future.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Our legal team handles personal injury cases involving:
- Auto accidents: Car accidents, including rideshare collisions, are the most common type of personal injury cases. These accidents can be caused by many different factors, including distracted driving, speeding, road rage, and drunk driving.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcycle accidents are some of the most severe types of accidents. Motorcyclists are physically exposed and thus more vulnerable to injury in a crash.
- Truck accidents: Your chances of injury or death in these accidents are greatly increased compared with the trucker. These are complex accident cases due to trucking industry regulations and the multiple parties who may be held liable.
- Bicycle accidents: Bicyclists are especially vulnerable to being hit by a car. Many bicyclists are injured by drivers who are not paying attention or are changing lanes. Bike accidents can also be caused by poorly maintained roads and defective bike equipment.
- Pedestrian accidents: Pedestrians are one of the most vulnerable groups in traffic. Pedestrian accidents can be caused by distracted or careless drivers who do not yield to pedestrians in crosswalks.
- Premises liability: Premises liability cases are filed against property owners who have failed to keep their property reasonably safe for visitors and others who may enter their premises. These claims can be caused by unsafe buildings, defective property equipment, or dangerous property conditions. Common cases include slip and fall accidents and dog bite cases.
- Defective products: Defective products can cause severe injuries and even death. Defective products can be caused by manufacturing defects, design flaws, or inadequate warnings.
- Workplace accidents: These accidents require workers’ compensation claims for medical expenses and wage benefits. They may also lead to third-party personal injury claims where the negligence of another person or entity contributed to your injuries.
- Injuries to Children: Nothing is more alarming to parents than injuries to children. Whether on school property, in traffic accidents, at sporting events, or in other circumstances, we work tenaciously to help you seek the compensation your child needs for recovery.
- Catastrophic injuries: These involve devastating permanent disabilities, often based on traumatic brain injury, spinal cord damage, severe burns, and other life-changing injuries. We fight to ensure that the full impact of such injuries is covered in maximized compensation.
- Construction accidents: Construction workers have one of the highest rates of injury for all workers in the U.S. We can help you seek the compensation to which you are entitled under workers’ compensation law or personal injury law.
- Workers’ compensation: We can assist in seeking the benefits to which you are entitled under an initial claim or help you appeal if your case has been unjustly denied.
How much is my case worth?Every case is unique, and how much compensation you are eligible to receive depends on what evidence we can gather — so we can’t guarantee a certain amount. We can guarantee, however, that we will fight for every last penny you are entitled to for your medical treatment, lost wages, property damage, pain and suffering, and other damages.
Why can’t I just accept the insurance company’s offer?Insurance companies make their money cheating you. Claims agents are trained to get you to agree to the lowest possible amount, so the company can continue to maximize its profit. The only way to look out for your best interests and ensure that you receive fair compensation is to seek counsel from an attorney who is experienced in standing up to these insurance companies.
What if I can’t afford an attorney?Personal injury lawyers do not cost anything upfront. In fact, we get paid only when you do — and we receive only a percentage of the compensation we secure for you. This means that not only can you afford high-quality representation, but you know we will be fighting for the maximum possible recovery, because our own pay depends on it, too.