Select Page

What To Do After A Work-Related Injury

Hurt on the job? Here’s what to do:

  • Go to the emergency room immediately and explain that you were hurt at work.
  • Ask your employer to fill out a First Report of Injury for the NH Department of Labor and ask for your copy.
  • Find out who the workers’ comp insurer is.
  • Have all medical bills submitted through the workers’ comp insurer.
  • Make a claim for lost wages if you are out for three days or more due to your injury and your doctor documents this in writing.
  • Expect to be paid 60 percent of your average weekly earnings while you are out or 60 percent of the difference between your average weekly earnings and what you earn if your hours are limited due to the injury.
  • Call a lawyer if you receive a Memo of Denial of your claim.
  • Call a lawyer if you have any questions about your rights under New Hampshire workers’ compensation law.

Contact Us For A Free, Confidential Consultation

Call Attorney Mark Rufo at 603-546-7260, or send an email to schedule a free consultation. Our office is in Nashua, and we help injured workers throughout New Hampshire.